library (cross-posted)

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Sat Dec 9 10:33:05 EST 2006

On Dec 8, 2006, at 8:07 PM, Paul Lussier wrote:

> I didn't even know there was such a book.

Author Jarod Wilson will be the speaker at the January meeting of the
Nashua group. If there's interest, I can have half-a-dozen copies
available for sale at the meeting. Interested?

> If you flip through it at
> all, can you provide a sense of whether or not this book seems good
> and/or interesting?  In other words, would it be worth buying for
> someone interested in MythTV, or does it appear to be a bound version
> of freely available docs?

 From the author's web site,  http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php:

"A lot of the book is based on the contents of these pages, but there
are some more in-depth parts, as well as some entirely new or
rewritten material. I've actually been meaning to update the tips
page with some of the advanced hacking stuff I wrote for the book,
but for now, I guess you'll have to get a copy of the book for those
nuggets of knowledge... :)"

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com