MerriLug: 19" for cheap

kenta kenta at guster.net
Mon Dec 18 18:12:17 EST 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Ben Scott wrote:
> Has it smoked yet?
>
> When I was working at UNH, we had about 30 Mag CRTs dispersed across
> the labs I was working in.  A unit would fail about once per month.  A
> few lost their magic smoke in the process.
>
> Needless to say, I have a pretty low opinion of Mag Innovision at this
> point.

I've actually never had a problem with a Mag before. I was a big fan of
them in the mid 90's, their primary annoyance being a loud audible click
when changing modes although I don't they do that anymore.  My 21" Sun
died last summer with a bang, literally, I think a cap exploded.  Since
then I switched to this Mag and have had no issues or smoke.  However,
this last black Friday I have since sprung for a 19" widescreen LCD which
has more swankiness.

-Kenta