SPARC Live CD?

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Wed Dec 20 08:47:17 EST 2006

Tom Buskey wrote:

> I'd imagine there's a NetBSD and maybe OpenBSD or Gentoo.

I'd imagine that, too, but I can't find a working link to either for the
Sparc architecture.

The only live OpenBSD CDs that I find are for i386.

The working links that I can find for NetBSD live CDs are also for i386.

I found a neat article on making your own OpenBSD live CD. Of course, it
is targeted at the i386 architecture.

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2005/07/14/openbsd_live.html

There are a couple of FreeBSD live CD projects:

http://livecd.sourceforge.net/
http://www.freesbie.org/

I'm not sure if they support all of FreeBSD's architectures or not.
FreeBSD also only supports sparc64, and not sparc.

Cheers,
Jason