SPARC Live CD?

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Wed Dec 20 14:23:03 EST 2006

Neil Joseph Schelly <neil at jenandneil.com> writes:

> Since Solaris 7 is paingully lacking modern command line utilities,
> it'd sure be easier to boot this thing up with a Live CD.

I'm curious what you mean by "painfully lacking modern command line
utilities".  What more do you need than various combinations of:

 - find
 - file
 - xargs
 - (ef)grep
 - sed
 - awk
 - perl
 - more or less
 - and the standard things like cd, ls, cp, mv, tar, etc.

?

I really can't see what more you'd need to simply determine whether or
not a given file is valuable or not.  Am I missing something?

--
Seeya,
Paul