SPARC Live CD?

mike ledoux mwl+gnhlug at alumni.unh.edu
Wed Dec 20 15:53:32 EST 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 03:04:33PM -0500, Ben Scott wrote:
> On 12/20/06, Paul Lussier <p.lussier at comcast.net> wrote:
> >I'm curious what you mean by "painfully lacking modern command line
> >utilities".  What more do you need than various combinations of ...
>
>  Someone who works in a more heterogeneous environment will doubtless
> be used to this, and thus won't be in the habit of using "unportable"
> features, and thus won't even notice.

That.  It has been a few years since I last had to work on a
box that wasn't running either Linux or a modern *BSD, but my
environment and the way I work on a daily basis is still portable at
least as far back as Ultrix.  Granted, $HOME/bin contains some
"helpers" to make this a bit easier on me, particularly on those
older systems which are missing some modern must-haves (gzip, ssh,
etc.), but it works quite well.

*shrug*

--
mwl+gnhlug at alumni.unh.edu          OpenPGP KeyID 0x57C3430B
Holder of Past Knowledge           CS, O-