SPARC Live CD?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 09:24:13 EST 2006

On 12/21/06, Paul Lussier <p.lussier at comcast.net> wrote:
> ... gzip or bzip2.  And since both are gnu tools, I wouldn't expect
> them on a non-gnu system ...

  The point you seem to be missing, Paul, is that if one has spent
forever working on "GNU systems", and is then suddenly put on to a
"non-GNU system", then suddenly, all the options, syntax, features,
etc., one has been using forever suddenly stop working.

  Yes, one can adapt, but the *point* is that one's efficiency is
seriously hampered, to the point of excruciating frustration.

  I once sat down at a computer that had a funky keyboard.  What
should have been the space bar was split into two smaller bars.  The
left bar was the space key, as normal.  The right bar was an extra
backspace key.

  Have yoever trietyping wheevery othespace turninto backspace?

  (Have you ever tried typing when every other space turns into a backspace?)

  Sure, I knew *exactly* what to do to work around this issue.  All I
had to do was only type space with my left thumb.  Easy, right?  But
I've been typing on QWERTY keyboards since I was six years old!

  Get it?  :-)

-- Ben