http / browser help: changing url in location window

Python python at venix.com
Wed Feb 1 17:58:01 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 17:34 -0500, Thomas Charron wrote:
> On 2/1/06, Python <python at venix.com> wrote:
>         I am doing a survey application  (It will show up as
>         HowsYourCare.  It
>         is not yet visible to the world.).  So the URLs look like:
>                http://HowsYourCare.org/survey/01
>         the form action will be:
>                /survey/02
>         the next screen, and things work well so long as the forms are
>         processed
>         in sequence.
>         However, some forms become irrelevant depending upon the
>         that case, the irrelevant form(s) are skipped and the next
>         usable form
>         is presented.  However, the URL displayed in the browser came
>         from the
>         last form action and shows the URL for the first skipped
>         screen.  This
>         is not a show-stopper, but I would prefer forcing the display
>         of the
>         real URL.  I am testing with Firefox.
>
>   Is the identification easy enough to discover within JavaScript?
> Just have the JS change the location to post the form to..

The determination happens at the server after collecting the responses.
I do not think a JS solution is feasible.

In addition, as someone who keeps JS disabled as much as possible
(Firefox plugin NoScript) I would be reluctant to force others to enable
JS without good reason.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp