Information security, recycling and irony

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Thu Feb 2 12:57:01 EST 2006

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:38:05PM -0500, Ray Cote wrote:
> At 9:21 AM -0500 2/2/06, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> >Everything: Family info, age, birth date, addresses, SSN, phone #'s,
> >emails, all contact phone #s and more.
>
> This begs the question of precisely why such a report is needed.
> Why do you need a printout of all your customer's info?

Well gosh Ray, I don't need it. (Also - its not my customer's info,
its their customer's info)

But that organization believes that it does need it.

And they have their reasons.

speech recognition software may have been used to create this e-mail

"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men
of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." - Brandeis

To think contrary to one's era is heroism. But to speak against it is
madness. -- Eugene Ionesco