Help build the new GNHLUG Internet server

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Fri Feb 10 11:50:02 EST 2006

I should point out that time is of the essence. The drop-dead date for
the new server is early March, so between now and then, we have to:

1. Get a distro loaded onto the new server.
2. Get all existing data and programs from the old server to the new server.
3. Test and hope nothing breaks.
4. Deploy.

Each of those steps has to take, at maximum, a few days.

This is being done with volunteer worker(s) with unspecified available time.

I don't think it is advisable to switch to a new mailing list manager at
this point in time - maybe later, but not now. (To add a new mailing
list manager, we would have to add a step 2.5 - Migrate existing data to
new application).

This is the appropriate forum to discuss the pros and cons of mailman vs
majordomo2. This is *not* the appropriate forum to discuss which one
GNHLUG should be using - that discussion belongs in gnhlug-sysadmin.

Sorry for the terse and direct nature of this message, but "I'm busy"
with other things at the moment. I just want to get/set things straight
before we dive into another mis-understood flame war for which we have
little mental bandwidth.

- --Bruce