bash completion

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Sat Feb 11 10:32:00 EST 2006

Ted Roche wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2006, at 2:20 PM, Paul Lussier wrote:
>
>> Seeya,
>> Paul "Now waiting for /etc/bash_thought_completion" :)
>
> Completion is good, but correction is better.
>
> Me, I'm waiting for /etc/bash/do_what_I_meant_not_what_I_typed

I believe there are several people on this list that can comment on the
DWIM principle that was a part of LISP many years ago. It was erriely
accurate about 50% of the time (more if you were doing assembly-line
type of things), but the times it was wrong, it could be wrong in
insanely catastrophic ways. It has been largely dropped by the LISP
community. (Or as some would say: "refined out of existance").

BTW: Completion, almost by definition, means "do what I mean, not what
my hands would type".

--Bruce