Help build the new GNHLUG Internet server

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Wed Feb 15 11:41:01 EST 2006

On Wednesday, Feb 15th 2006 at 08:47 -0500, quoth Jeff Kinz:

=>On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 11:13:03AM -0500, Steven W. Orr wrote:
=>Whew, very long.. deleted
=>>
=>> Here's an example that some might find sexy:
=>>
=>> The goal (for me) is to end up with a list that does not allow
=>> attachments. That way people are guaranteed to not get a virus in the
=>> mail.
=>
=>some config stuff deleted (not interesting unless you know the config
=>language)
=>
=>What I got from your email was that mj2 can require that each email have
=>a plain text section (and can force html to be plaintext).  This is a
=>good thing.

You're basically correct. The end result is that when possible, things
are converted to plaintext and all attachments are stripped.

=>Can mj2 be configured to allow a pgp sig attachment and still disallow
=>all other attachments?

I believe so. There are config params for footers, but I'm not sure how to
set up the footer as an attachment. (I'd be suprised if it can't be done.)

=>How about source code attachments, how can they be handled?

Yes. Allow attachments only if they are plaintext.

=>One last question, since mj2 is object oriented, what are the
=>performance issues?  How much does it load a system down to run it?
=>What is the underlying technology?

People seem to be happy with it running lists with tens of thousands of
subscribers. It ran very slowly for me until one day by accident I toggled
something in sendmail

steveo at syslang.net