LAMP classes at NHTI

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Wed Feb 15 17:42:00 EST 2006

FYI, several of our members will be teaching classes in Linux,
Apache, MySQL, PHP, PostgreSQL and Python at the Center for Training
and Business Development at the New Hampshire Technical Institute in
Concord. We've done this a couple of times now and the students have
really enjoyed it. Please contact NHTI per the press release below if
you're interested or might want to send someone from your organizations.

I'd also like to hear from anyone else who's teaching LAMP here in
New Hampshire so that we might be able to cross-promote and swap ideas.

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com

###

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Center for Training and Business Development Offers Training in LAMP:
Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP

CONCORD, NH –  February 15, 2006 -- The Center for Training and
Business Development (CTBD) announces the scheduling of their spring
semester of courses on LAMP: Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.

LAMP is part of the Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) movement
rapidly gaining prominence in the commercial, government, educational
and non-profit industries after many years as the backbone of the
Internet. LAMP products come with “source code” allowing skilled
programmers to modify them to their needs. In addition, most FOSS
software can be freely distributed, without onerous licensing
restrictions or costs.

CTBD is offering evening courses over a semester to familiarize
students with the technical aspects of FOSS. While the primary focus
is on the hands-on development of an interactive and database-driven
website, students gain familiarity with many aspects of running LAMP
systems, including desktop Linux use, basic system administration
skills, the principles of design of Linux systems, basic system
troubleshooting and problem resolution. The series is intended as an
excellent first introduction to Linux and the power it can provide.

The target audience is computer-savvy technical personnel; however,
no previous experience with Linux is required.

Individual classes on the different aspects of LAMP will be offered.
A certificate is issued for completion of the four core classes, a
bundle offered at a discount over single courses. Additional courses
on Python and PostgreSQL will be offered if there is sufficient
interest. Assistance with tuition is available from the Department of
Employment Security for qualifying individuals. Sign-ups for the new
semester will be available starting {DATE} and classroom capacity is
limited.

For more information, contact: Center for Training and Business
Development, (603) 271-6663, New Hampshire Technical Institute, 31
College Drive, Concord, NH http://www.nhti.edu/ctbd

###