GRUB, booting, and SW RAID 1+0...

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Wed Feb 15 17:49:00 EST 2006

> If anyone can tell me how to convert a script(1) log into a
> human-readable text file (accounting for final rendering of escape
> sequences, backspaces over all my typos and the like) I can put up
> a log of the tutorial we did at DLSLUG a few months back on this.
> I've tried the Perl VT100 emulation module but it got the best
> of me.

Don't laugh, but I like to use plain old xterm for that.
When I want to ungarble a typescript I just cat it in
that xterm and then cut&paste from there (and sometimes
it's an ENORMOUS pile of data) into a vim session while
in insert mode.  Very lo-tech but (or maybe "therefore")
it works well.  You may want to launch the xterm with
the proper args to boost its history buffer line count
to something large enough to hold all your data, or else
you'll need to cat it out in pieces.