HB1197 Status

Ed Lawson elawson at laconialaw.com
Thu Feb 16 14:22:00 EST 2006

> > HB1197 is now up for a reconsideration vote, since the study
> committee
> > would seek to know how and why this sort of thing happened,
and
> how/if
> > open source could have prevented it.

I suppose one could argue that if the production machines
required less TLC, the the sys admin folks would have had more
time to learn about the Cisco unit and/or to routine checks on
the machines for nasty stuff.

In the MSFT world are there not simple daemons which monitor the
status of important system files like the registry and report
changes?  Isn't that rather basic and something readily available
in the Unix/Linux world?

Ed Lawson