[jobs] sysadmin wanted and compensation query

Neil Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Fri Jan 6 14:31:01 EST 2006

> Systems Administrator, Sr. (base)     25th%ile    Median  75th%ile
> 		Billerica, MA 01821             $72,605    $81,916   $91,628

I'd look at the 25th percentile as an experienced Windows admin salary, not a
Senior.  I'd look at the 82K mark as the experienced Linux/Unix admin or a
damned good Windows admin.  Then 91K and up is for the best Linux/Unix admins
out there.

That's my perspective, based on my own salaries, after having started a
(mostly) Windows admin job last February and having just (finally!) switched
back to a *nix environment December.
-N