Long connection pauses?

Neil Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Mon Jan 9 08:09:01 EST 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 10:06 pm, Brian Chabot wrote:
> On Sunday 08 January 2006 09:37 pm, Bruce Dawson wrote:
> > Ben Scott wrote:
> >
> > Typically, this is indicative of DNS resolution problems. Check your
> > /etc/resolv.conf.
>
> I thought so, too.

You still haven't said what service (or services) - that's the single most
important detail here.  That said, the first thing that occurs to me is that
an ident daemon maybe should be running, or if you're behind a NAT or a
router, identd packets are getting blocked.

Lots of services will check this before establishing a connection, most
notable mail, but that's usually on outgoing connections that it would cause
issues.  Again, without at least some details, not much to do but speculate.
-N