Homework problems (was: extract string)

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 20:09:01 EST 2006

On 1/10/06, Thomas Charron <twaffle at gmail.com> wrote:
>    A programmer that doesn't know how to grep and split text strings..

  Believe it or not, there are environments *other* then nix, and a
great many well-qualified professionals have never touched nix.  I
don't just mean doze, either.  Classic Mac, VMS, the various IBM
mainframe and mini systems, and other, less well know worlds have
syntax and tools all their own.  I, for one, think we should be
welcoming to newcomers to the nix world -- not scold them for being
new.

-- Ben "Used to be a DOS weenie" Scott