Help for moving off of Linux to NT is available!

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:25:01 EST 2006

On 1/12/06, Richard Soule <richard.soule at oracle.com> wrote:
> Apparently MS has lined up a bunch of folks to assist with the migration
> from Linux to MS: http://www.isvnxt.com/

  Actually, on a slightly more serious note, this Microsoft ad copy
makes the same mistake some of their print ads do.  I quote:

"Overall, more software revenue is generated on Microsoft Windows
operating system than any other operating environment"

  In other words, by Microsoft's own statements, Microsoft solutions
are more expensive then other solutions.  What happened to "Windows
costs less"?

  I've got a print ad cut out and saved at home that's even more
obvious; they come out and say that, on average, a Windows 2000 server
deployment makes costs X more money per server then either NT4 or
Linux (I forget which).  The ad was aimed at managers for
consulting/integration companies, so of course the target audience
would see that as a *good* thing, but I always wondered what end-users
would think about that... :)

-- Ben