Samba PDC/BDC

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Sat Jan 14 19:48:03 EST 2006

Are there any good guides to this?

I have an environment with several (6) Solaris 10  boxes w/ NIS and 2 Win XP
Pro PCs.  I have DNS only because the PCs don't do NIS for name resolution.

Right now, I have Samba for home directories, but I want to do roaming
profiles, etc so nothing is on the PC drives.  I want all data, etc on the
RAID disk I have on the server.

It'd be nice to use just one place for passwords vs NIS/each PC/smbpasswd
(or the tldb thing in samba really).
I'm not sure I want to do LDAP because it's such a small environment and I'm
not that familiar with LDAP.  Maybe it's easier then I think.

BTW this is an isolated environment.  No connection to any other network.
Ever.

<ob linux> I'll probably add a linux box to the mix doing Big Sister or
something else that'll measure performance in graphs and do some monitoring.
</ob linux>

--
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad
measures.