BSD User's group?

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Sun Jan 15 20:15:01 EST 2006

Jeff Kinz, thanks for the tip on UTF-8 and grep. I'll give that a try on
Tuesday.

I also thought of one other problem that I've encountered with FreeBSD.
With two releases, 6.0 and one of the 4.x releases, the installer didn't
work right on my laptop. It actually skipped a couple of the steps, like
setting the root password, when doing a fresh installation and not an
upgrade. However, on that same laptop, I could not get video to work
with Fedora Core 4. I even tried the nofb kernel option, which I read
online often helps.

I occasionally use this laptop, a 6-year-old Compaq Presario for testing
things.

I need a new laptop anyway.

Cheers,
Jason