January MerriLUG meeting [1/19/2006] (Tomorrow!)

Heather Brodeur hbrodeur at redhat.com
Thu Jan 19 12:09:01 EST 2006

Adam Helbling wrote:

> I plan to come, I may bring my fiancee just to grab some food with us.
> She isn't a *nix-er so it may be a little wierd for her :) and I think
> she has plans later this evening. Should be interesting either way.
> Ill probably be there.

That's how I got started with the group in the first place, the
occasional presentation that sounded interesting to me (for example the
weather forecasting software that ran on Linux), joining the group for
dinner before going to some other meeting downtown.  This has evolved
into my attending most of the MerriLUG meetings.  Believe it or not, the
members of the group are quite capable of carrying on engaging
conversation about things other than computers ;-).  Honestly though, I
was always made to feel welcome whenever I stopped in for a bite, and
it's been rare that I've felt out of place because I'm a "user" rather
than a hard core person that understands the hardware and details of the
software.

By the way, if _I_ can learn not to top post, so can you :-).

Heather