Are there problems using hardware RAID with Redhat Fedora Core 4?

hewitt_tech hewitt_tech at comcast.net
Thu Jan 19 19:11:02 EST 2006

I'm installing Fedora Core 4 on a Dell SC1420 server that contains a hardware SATA RAID controller and 3 80 GB drives. So far it appears that the hardware RAID (Dell Cerc /Adaptec) makes the 3 drives transparent to the OS. That is Linux just saw an ~148 GB drive and installed on it without complaints. I can see that Fedora doesn't seem to have any way to talk to the controller to determine if there are any drive faults but that can be controlled from the BIOS. Anyone know of any problems setting up a system this way?

-Alex