Verizon (FiOS) (Off Topic?) I have it!

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Tue Jan 24 08:51:00 EST 2006

On 1/24/06, Fred <puissante at lrc.puissante.com> wrote:
Stuff deleted.

Be that as it may, I am simply floored that Verizon was able to solve the
> "last mile" problem at all. They installed fibre right up to a box in my
> basement which converts the telephone and Internet connection to whatever
> needs to go across that fabric. They also went to great lengths with
> running
> CAT5 to my home office, fishing the cable through walls, and the like --
> all
> for free.

You'll notice that Speakeasy, etc will *never* be over that Fios line.  It's
not subject to the telecom law that the telephone network is.  So they don't
have to share it.  Just like the cable companies.  That's why they did it.

--
A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad
measures.