Verizon (FiOS) (Off Topic?) I have it!

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Tue Jan 24 11:00:01 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 10:51:54AM -0500, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2006, at 09:23, Ben Scott wrote:
>
> >  Ummm.... yah.  Email.
> >
> >"Using encryption on the Internet is the equivalent of arranging an
> >armored car to deliver credit card information from someone living in
> >a cardboard box to someone living on a park bench." -- Gene "spaf"
> >Spafford
>
> So, I routinely exchange mail with folks whose MTA's do opportunistic
> encryption (especially those who work for military contractors).
> Postfix makes this easy.  So, if we both do IMAPS, and SMTPS, where's
> the cardboard box?

Do they use Windows?
Do they keep their systems up to date with the latest patches (Windows,
Linux, or Mac?)

There's a number of other points of entry once the data is on their hard
drives. SMTPS and IMAPS are both still the armored car: the end
destination is the cardboard box.

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer