Process control and such

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:17:01 EST 2006

Hi all,

  Someone at last night's meeting (I already forget who it was) was
reporting an issue where they start some program from one window,
program opens a new window, then they close the first window, and the
program (new window) dies too.  I've forgotten the details, too.
(Geez, only 28 and I'm already going senile.)

  Anyhow, a few people, myself included, mumbled things like "process
groups" and "sessions" and "job control".  I said there was a previous
thread on this list that might be relevant.  Well, here it is:

http://www.mail-archive.com/gnhlug@zk3.dec.com/msg13226.html

  Unfortunately, the result of that discussion was inconclusive.
However, a Google search for "process group" seems like it might be
enlightening.

-- Ben "Where am I?" Scott