New Hampshire legislation to consider Open Source (adding a cross post to dlslug)

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Wed Jan 25 15:24:00 EST 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 10:39, Richard Soule wrote:
> Some things that can help: Be a HUB (Historically Underutilized
> Business, usually women or minority owned with bonus points for being
> both),

I might have thought this would come up due to this being the government
we're dealing with.

Personally, I consider it condescending to land a contract on the basis of
being a "minority" or "woman".

Let every *individual* succeed on the basis of his or her merits alone. Not
what's hanging between the legs and not what the dermal chromatics are.

Besides, I don't know how one *becomes* a "minority" or "woman" if one is not
already. I suppose one can take the shoe polish or gender change approach!
If you want the government contract that badly, GO FOR IT!

<ducking>

-Fred