Emacs

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Thu Jan 26 09:36:00 EST 2006

[And NOW posted from somewhere the list knows; sorry for duplicates.]

>> I will occasionally use whatever 'vi' points to on a system for things
>> like this.  However, by and large, emacs is everywhere, and loading up
>> emacs -nw in an ssh session on a remote system isn't to painful...
>
> I remember when emacs was banned on systems because of its RAM use.
> Eight Megabytes And Constantly Swapping.
>
> What version of emacs do you prefer?  GNU or X?

While we're on this topic, one the files that comes with EMACS [sic] that
I love more than just about anything is /usr/share/emacs/21.4/etc/JOKES --
therein is all sorts of fun, but the funnest part of that file can be
found in the following link.  Enjoy:

http://www.geocities.com/kensanata/ed.html