Emacs

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Thu Jan 26 11:21:01 EST 2006

On Thursday, Jan 26th 2006 at 10:54 -0500, quoth Paul Lussier:

=>Tom Buskey <tom at buskey.name> writes:
=>
=>> What version of emacs do you prefer?  GNU or X?
=>
=>These days, Gnu, but only because I started using a lot of elisp
=>packages which weren't correctly ported to XEmacs.  I also found
=>myself running emacs in screen sessions a lot, and it seemed rather
=>silly to type xemacs -nw :)

Does anyone remember the good old days of running Unipress Emacs on the
old aaa (Ann Arbor Ambassador)? That's where I first cut my teeth. I used
to be able to make that emacs sit up and beg. Eventually, RMS's stuff
became known to me and I learned about atoms instead of the really
hardcore string manipulation that Unipress mocklisp went with.

Also, I found a fun emacs timeline that was crafted by jwz.

http://www.jwz.org/doc/emacs-timeline.html

Current .emacs equiv is about 52K before loads.

steveo at syslang.net