Cohosting around Lebanon - suggestions?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Fri Jan 27 01:06:02 EST 2006

On Thu, January 26, 2006 11:54 pm, Bill McGonigle wrote:

> We'd probably want to fund a terminal server/remote power unit to share
> for decent non-driving management.  I have a Zyplex with lots of serial
> ports but it only speaks telnet, so there would be need for a pokey ssh
> box in front of it, which might not be worth another U.

Somewhere, I've got a power strip that allows remote access.  Not sure
what protocols it speaks.  I think it's an APC, so that probably says
something to someone.  I'd be glad to contribute it for this project; I
imagine poking around with the docs could get it up and running fairly
quickly.  [I, too, have an older-than-death Ethernet-to-RS-232 gizmo.
Since it actually has an AUI port, in addition to the 10-Base-T port, I
imagine it only supports telnet.]

-Ken