Open Source vs. Closed Source

Fred fred at hydranuke.com
Mon Jan 30 23:34:00 EST 2006

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 10:21, you wrote:

> I don't believe in one device doing everything, or even nearly
> everything: I don't leave the house without a backpack, which typically
> has:
>
>  * 60GB iPod -- this is music, but also (one of) my remote backup(s) of my
>    laptop. (This was a Christmas gift from my employer. Gotta love
>    Silicon Valley.)
>  * Canon Digital Rebel XT
>  * Nokia 6600
>  * GPS Device
>  * Sometimes my laptop
>
> All in all, if someone were to mug me, I'd be out about 3 grand in
> hardware if I was fully loaded. Makes carrying around cash seem like
> chump change.

Ha!

I'm in a similar situation. Because I like hugging -- females, anyway -- I'm
trying to consolidate some of my gear. Having said that, my laptop bag --
um, luggage -- is so heavy now I'm damn glad the bag has rollers. It's
basically become my "office on wheels."

So I'll simply get one of these blue-tooth GPS devices and be done with it,
now that I know what a fool I've been to think that "GPS" really meant GPS.

Now, if I can only get my Treo 650 to sync with Kontact through the
blue-tooth interface, my life would be complete!

(hint -- any pointers would be helpful. I am running FC4. I would've worked
it out by now except I don't have much time these days.)

-Fred

-Fred Mitchell, Hydranuke.com
 http://www.hydranuke.com
 Whatever you want, we'll make it happen.