[OT] next episode of CSI

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Tue Jan 31 10:45:02 EST 2006

On Tuesday, Jan 31st 2006 at 10:03 -0500, quoth Christopher Chisholm:

=>
=>Just out of curiosity, how did Erik come to write an episode?  I've always
=>been curious how they find people for things like that, what kind of steps
=>those people have to go through, etc.
=>
=>-Chris

Going way into the hinterlands of OT...
A few years ago, we went on a horseback vacation in Monument Valley for a
week, twice in two years. On the second round, one of the people we rode
with was from LaLaLand and was a script writer for various things. The
most famous was that she wrote for Captain Kangaroo back when I used to
watch it. (I really miss the Captain.)

Anyways, she ended up writing a book which is the de facto standard on how
to write scripts. I think her name was Loretta Heiser but I can't find her
on Amazon so I could be wrong.

I'm good with shell scripts. She's good with Hollywood scripts. :-)

=>
=>
=>Michael ODonnell wrote:
=>
=>> Erik is my brother-in-law.  I never watch the show so I have
=>> no idea what to expect, but I'll definitely be watching this
=>> episode, if only for the last reason he mentions.
=>>
=>>
=>>
=>> > In a self indulgent and blatant plug, I wanted to let everyone
=>> > know that the episode of CSI for which I wrote the story
=>> > airs THIS Thursday, 2/2, at 9:00pm.  So even if you never
=>> > watch the show, watch the show!  I need the residuals.  ;->
=>> >
=>> > Besides, it's a really cool episode, and if you do watch
=>> > the show, you'll see that it's a departure from the normal
=>> > way in which they tell a story.
=>> >
=>> > Also, you'll be able to tell everyone you know that you're
=>> > a close personal friend of a big time TV writer, who writes
=>> > for the #1 show on television, and are therefore much cooler
=>> > than they are...
=>> >
=>> > CSI, Thursday, February 2nd, at 9:00pm on CBS.
=>> >
=>> > THANKS, and I hope you tune in
=>> >
=>> > --Erik Saltzgaber

So now I read email from someone who's brother-in-law is a writer for CSI.
I am honored. :-)

steveo at syslang.net