[OT] In defense of Google

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Jan 31 14:26:00 EST 2006

On Jan 31, 2006, at 13:56, Fred wrote:

> My concern is, of course, that they may use these tactics on *us*.
> Whatever
> they *perceive* as the "enemy" could just as easily be domestic as
> international.

Don't all the oaths of office specify 'all enemies foreign or
domestic'?  So, that's not a useful categorization, though the criteria
for 'enemy' is worth debating.

> And in light of what the current Administration has been doing over the
> years,

That's why we have a republic.  Vote, write, revolt (in that order).

> I don't think I'm being paranoid in that assessment.

Only if you're worrying about the NSA's social networking project.

> I would just love to be wrong on this.

My guess: everybody on this list has too little information to make any
informed judgements.

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/