LACIE USB disk and SuSE 10.1

jimmypierre.rouen.france jimmypierre.rouen.france at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 13:47:01 EDT 2006

Hello Jon,

>>>So the device is more or less seen, but I can not find the proper way to
hold my tongue and mount it.
I have seen the same sort of problem with a 1Tb drive of LaCie. The issue
was we had USB 1.1 port and the drive was USB 2.0. Then, we changed the
motherboard for USB 2.0. Then, we also discovered that the firmware was not
current. After that all went OK.

If I may, Jon, I would talk to my good friends of LaCie in the morning and
get back to you. Is there a way of getting the serial number by email so
that they can check a few things?

Best wishes from Rouen, (World Cup starting in just 15 minutes.)

Jimmy