Preseeding Debian (again)

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Tue Jul 11 11:32:00 EDT 2006

klussier at comcast.net writes:

> Has anyone else used a preseed file with Etch and successfully not
> installed any tasks? It worked on Sarge.....

Nope.  We do everything here with FAI.  For installers for our product
we're currently using a very heavily hacked version of PGI.  We're
investigating moving to FAI-CD at some point though, we just need to
find more "round tuits" before that happens.

Can you explain a little more about what exactly it is you're trying
to accomplish?  Are you trying to build an installer for internal
machines so that things install quickly in a similar manner, or are
you trying to build a customized installer for a Debian-based product ?
Or something else entirely?

--
Seeya,
Paul