3KID, is this a new operating system?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 11:06:01 EDT 2006

On 7/12/06, Cole Tuininga <colet at code-energy.com> wrote:
> Try this out: http://n.nfshost.com/  How far can you make it?

  Cute.  But, I admit to being stumped for what the URL for 8
(decimal) should be.

  7 (decimal) is encoded as an ASCII representation of binary.  Thus:

http://n.nfshost.com/111.html

  That yields a page with "sept", which is a numeric prefix for 7.  I
figured that would mean eight would be encoded as "oct", "octo", or
"octa", but none of those work.  I tried all sorts of other things
(variations and semi-random guesses), but got nowhere.  What am I
missing?

I tried:
oct
octo
octa
1000
10
octal
Oct
OCT
8
eight
OOOOOO
VIII
iiiiiiii
IIIIIIII
sept
oct-
octa-
octo-
help
about
eat_flaming_death

  But none of those worked.

  Now I'm not going to get anything done today.

  This is going to drive me crazy.

  It's all your fault!

  Crazy I tell ya!

  Crazy?  I was crazy once.  I lit things on fire.  Fire?  I hate
fire.  It drives me crazy.  Crazy?  I was crazy once...

-- Ben "CRAZY!!!" Scott