3KID, is this a new operating system?

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Wed Jul 12 16:11:00 EDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 03:16:55PM -0400, Brian Chabot wrote:
> Gregory Smith wrote:
>
> >OK, I got it, y'all are close, but it's a different phrase, not very well known (to me)
> >

> What number was that again?
>
> I'm still stuck on 14...
>
> I'm thinking I got the syntax wrong, but I've tried all the varients I
> could for:
>
> 14, Valentines Day ... (from Bingo)
> 14, not unlucky ... (Not 13 any more)
> 14, lucky lucky ... (twice 7)
>
> ...and I really can't think of much else...  Tried the above with
> various capitalisations, with and without spaces, the comma, and elipses.

Somebody at work gave me the answer for 14.  However, it was something
that I considered about a hundred times, but rejected because it
completes the phrase for 13, NOT a phrase for 14.  Since it isn't
looking for something about the next number, I consider that a busted
entry in the quiz.

so now it's a lot less interesting.  but I might continue anyway :)

mm