OT: Slingbox woes

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Sun Jul 16 10:22:02 EDT 2006

Ben Scott wrote:
> On 7/14/06, Bruce Dawson <jbd at codemeta.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, their tech support said they don't support network
>> switches! I sure wish they would have said that somewhere!
>
>  That means they don't support the Internet.  Which rather limits
> it's usefulness, no?
>
>  That's obviously a tech support bullshit smoke screen.  The monkey
> you were talking to probably made it up on the spot.  Call back and
> hope you get a better monkey.  :)
>
> -- Ben

Actually, I think it has something to do with ARP pollution or caching
or something. (I wish I could remember more about that level of IP).

At any rate, they can't handle the problem, so as a dutiful consumer,
I'm returning the device and won't deal with them again.

Oh well, just one more thing to put on my todo list: figure out a way to
compress video streams effectively, and write a FREE program to do it!

--Bruce