USB Issues with FC5

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Thu Jul 20 12:25:01 EDT 2006

Subject: USB Issues with FC5
Date: Wednesday 19 July 2006 15:58
From: Fred <puissante at lrc.puissante.com>
To: "Undisclosed.Recipients": ;

Hello, all.

I am having 2 USB issues with FC5:

1) My Digital Camera (HP Photosmart M517) is set to "drive emulation", and I
used to be able to mount it as a drive under FC4, but this stopped working
under FC5. I understand that Fedora deliberately left some things out of
this new distribution, much to my chagrin, but not sure what in regards to
this issue.

2) Same goes for my printer (HP OfficeJet G55), worked like a champ under
 FC4 over the USB, but now I am having a dilly of a time getting it working
 under FC5. Even after installing the same drivers from HP.

Has anyone any ideas? Or is Fedora going anti HP? Any suggestions would be
highly appreciated and gleefully accepted. I am actually tempted to switch
to a different distribution, but am loathe to since Fedora is better
supported by the hosting services on dedicated servers, and my development
environment needs to reflect that. Perhaps I should back-rev to FC4, but I
don't like running legacy distros for obvious reasons.

Thanks.

-Freedom Fred