Malware "best practices"

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 21:42:00 EDT 2006

On 7/23/06, Bill Sconce <sconce at in-spec-inc.com> wrote:
> QA comes to virus writing

  These articles seem like total crap to me.

  Despite all the talk about heuristics, virus detection is still
almost entirely dependent on recognizing signatures of know viruses.
That's why practically every new virus yields an immediate signature
update from everyone.  So new viruses are not recognized by 80% of AV
software?  No shit.  I'm very surprised it's that good.

  In other news, new spam not caught by anti-spam software, and new
diseases not treatable by old drugs.

  Why are you posting this crap, Bill?  You're better than that.

-- Ben