OT: Whirled Peas (was Re: Malware "best practices")

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Thu Jul 27 19:20:00 EDT 2006

Fred wrote:

> Humans will never learn to live in peace (I pray that I am wrong here). Oh
> well. Perhaps the way to induce peaceful living would be to give the
> cyber-equivalent of the thermonuclear bomb to everyone. Kinda like giving
> everyone a lit match whilst standing in a pool of petrol.

Idi Amin, the infamous African strongman and reputed cannibal, is
attributed as having said that there will never be world peace until
every nation has a nuclear arsenal sufficient to destroy its neighbors.

I shudder to think that he may have been correct.

For myself, I recently decided to stop distinguishing between the myriad
little wars going on, or even the larger wars that have happened in the
past. As far as I'm concerned, there has been one global war raging for
the last 5,000 years or so.--War is civilization's handmaiden, or is
that the other way 'round?