Stupid question regarding Thunderbird and IMAP

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Thu Jul 27 20:24:01 EDT 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 13:26, Kevin D. Clark uttered thusly:
> [1]  Usually with each IMAP server there is a program that reads from
>      stdin and writes to a folder(Maildir), but I'm not familiar
>      enough with dovecot to know what that program is.  I happen to
>      know procmail pretty well, so I tend to use what I know.
>

> Regards,
>
> --kevin
>
> PS  Hint:
>
> Here is a procmail rule that outputs to a Maildir, notice the trailing
> slash...
>
> :0
>
> * ^TO.*silly@
> $HOME/Maildir/.foldername/
I have *many* procmail scripts which too have to be altered to filter mail
into Maildir boxes instead of mboxes. But it does not see too hard to
convert them, especially since only the output line needs to be changed.

Maybe I'll plan for a complete cutover. Besides, having the email in
individual files will make them *much* easier to manage from command-line.

-Fred