Linux on old laptop - memory

Tech Writer TechWtr at handspun.com
Tue Jun 6 22:09:00 EDT 2006

This old Gateway 2100 Solo laptop doesn't hold much memory, and I'm not
exactly sure what type of memory module it is.  This is what I've gathered
so far...

Page:  http://www.memoryx.net/gaso21seme.html
  States that the Gateway Solo 2100 system can only take 80MB:
  Gateway Solo 2100 Series Memory
  Maximum Memory 80MB
  Memory Slots 2 (2 banks of 1)
  non-removable base memory 16MB
With an offer for:
  32MB Gateway Solo 2100/2200 Memory Module (p/n 500023)

Page:
http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Solo_Series/SOLO2100/00000041.shtml
  Shows the two modules I currently have:
  16 megabyte (MB) 5V 4Mx4 8ICs 60ns no parity memory module
  Part number MEMSIM044AAWW

Peg