Dealing with multiple layers of routers

Bill Freeman f at ke1g.mv.com
Thu Jun 8 12:44:01 EDT 2006

> Bill Freeman wrote:
>

> > The chart that I read showed the V4 to have half as much of each
> > kind of memory as the V3.  No other important differences.  Or
> > my memory (in my head) may be failing if you have to go back
> > further to get a full memory WRT54G.
> >

> Where did you find that chart? The one I looked at a few months ago
> showed V5 having half the memory of V4, and V4 having the same as
> V3 and earlier.

I'm probably mis-remembering then.  And/or I'm remembering the
chart for the WRT54GS.  What I do remember is memory shrinking twice
between the biggest machines and the VXworks box.  Maybe it was from
V2 to V3.  I can't find the chart right not because the machine with
the browse history is at home.  I'm pretty sure that I found it off of
Seattle Wireless, though maybe a reference rather than hosted by them.

Bill