Past meeting notes Re: Meeting Notes

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Tue Jun 13 09:12:01 EDT 2006

I updated the wiki. moving "upcoming" to "past" and updating the
attendance. I noted that you've started using the gnhlug-announce
mailing list archive of the announcement as the link to the meeting;
I like that. However, when we move the event to "past," the notes on
what went on (when someone thinks to post them - thanks, Ben!) are
likely more valuable than the announcement of the meeting missed.

Anyone got suggestions on how to preserve these? Can we change the
meeting list to:

| 12 June | SLUG | Qt Designer GUI layout editor (notes)
(announcement) | Main.RobertAnderson | 10 |

Is there an easy way to link to archived announcements?

On Jun 13, 2006, at 12:47 AM, Ben Scott wrote:

> One thing I took away was that a good practice is to build UI
> layouts using Qt Designer, but don't put your own code in the UI
> layout.  Subclass the UI layout stuff in separate files, and put your
> own code there.  That means the UI designer won't screw up your code,
> and makes the implementation (and language) independent of the UI.
>
>  There was lots more good stuff, which I won't try to put into an
> email.  If you want to know, you should have gone.  ;-)

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com