Last nights MerriLUG meeting, 15-June-2006

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Fri Jun 16 09:06:00 EDT 2006

Fifteen people attended a relaxed June meeting. Most had dinner first
at Martha's Exchange, and then headed upstairs. The nominal topic was
"Hardware" and several people brought stuff to show. Topics ranged
far and wide, from "What laptop should I buy?" to Bill Gates'
retirement, IBM 1401s and AutoCoder, MacBookPros and upcoming events.
A good time was had by all.

Future meetings were a big topic. Ken D'Ambrosio announced that the
July 20th meeting with a topic but no speaker: Ken hopes to present
something on Asterisk. The August 17th meeting is TBA. Rob Lembree
has offered to do a meeting in the fall. Maddog and several other
folks had ideas for meeting topics: the folks at ICS have released a
large project management system at http://www.project.net and would
be inteterested in talking about it and the business case for Open
Sourcing commercial software. Perhaps a panel of businessmen to
discuss the various business models? Jim Kudsdrall suggested a
presentation on working with OpenOffice would be worthwhile. I
announced that we will be having an Organizational meeting for
activists this summer -- announcement to follow). Another quarterly
meeting topic: Jim Gettys presenting the MIT $100 laptop. Discussion
of where and when.

Lots of good topics. Thanks all for coming and contributing.

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC
http://www.tedroche.com