LinuxWorld BOS no more

Jon maddog Hall maddog at li.org
Fri Jun 23 10:48:01 EDT 2006

Hi,

bill at bfccomputing.com said:
>  My God, $2M for a booth and "platinum  sponsorship"?  Maybe they would bite
> at a $50K booth then.  Can you  imagine if 10 vendors did and there were
> still plenty of $2K booths to  rent to the smaller exhibitors?

As someone who has attended, planned, financed, marketed, etc. more trade shows
and conferences that I would care to even remember, I would be happy to put
on an evening of "Stupid Vendor Tricks: the trade show edition" regarding the
way that vendors approach trade shows, the issues around them, why they cost
so much money and how to put on an event "on the cheap".....and why few
vendors would be interested in such an event.

Even as technical people, you would laugh, cry, gnash your teeth and wonder
why in the world computer companies went to trade shows, did road shows, or
ever survived in the first place.

I can promise you that the talk would be provocative, entertaining, and
definitely one where beer would flow uphill to the second floor of Marthas'.

I will be "at home" for much of the period of June 19th to July 15th.  Let me
know if you would like to take advantage of this.

Regards,

maddog

P.S. This is an extention of my well known talk "Stupid Vendor Tricks: Why
vendors do the weird and counter-intuitive things they do."
--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux International(R)

Board Member: Uniforum Association
Board Member Emeritus: USENIX Association (2000-2006)

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several countries.
(R)Linux International is a registered trademark in the USA used pursuant
   to a license from Linux Mark Institute, authorized licensor of Linus
   Torvalds, owner of the Linux trademark on a worldwide basis
(R)UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the USA and other
   countries.