Video Conversions

Bill Mullen moon at lunarhub.com
Mon Jun 26 12:56:00 EDT 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:51:50 -0400, Travis Roy wrote:

> I've recently started getting Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes
> from dapcentral.org.
>
> Most of them are encoded with MS-MPEG4v2/Nandub.
>
> What I want to do is convert them to burn them to a DVD.
>
> Does anybody know of any console based Linux utilities to do this. I
> was using ffmpegX on my mac, but I ended up with an audio drift
> problem where the more the movie goes on, the more out of sync it
> gets. I heard this has to do with the audio being VBR.

I think ToVid can probably handle that. I don't have access to a DVD
burner, so I have no way to determine that for certain, but this task
appears to be within its stated capabilities. It's a command-line app
(set of scripts, actually) with an optional GUI.

http://tovid.sourceforge.net/

--
Bill Mullen
RLU #270075