For those who check their email at home...

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 12:58:00 EDT 2006

On 6/27/06, Drew Van Zandt <drew.vanzandt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, since they're planning to sell the access the home users provide
> with the routers, I can see it being a possibly viable business
> model...

  Yah, and Pets.com actually did sell pet supplies, too.  ;-)

  (Point being: The fact that some sales might actually occur doesn't
mean it's going to be a profitable enterprise.  Especially when there
are already a brazilian open access points that people can access "for
free".)

> BUT... don't most ISP contracts stipulate you won't resell
> the bandwidth, and would this count as a violation?

  Yah, that was my thinking, too.  Most of them don't even let you
redistribute it for free, let alone for compensation.

> (You're not SELLING it, in the strictest sense of the word.)

  IANAL, but I don't think "selling" has to use currency; barter counts, too.

-- Ben