Stupid ebay/amazon question

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Wed Jun 28 09:26:01 EDT 2006

I thought I knew a little bit about 'puters, but this one stups me.

I don't go to ebay on a regular basis. I go rarely and I purchase even
more rarely. When I go, I log in for various reasons. But what I don't
understand is that after I have visited, I get ebay spam saying that my
account was corrupted or that bmy paypal account may be in jeopardy, you
know, the usual ebay spam.

Can anyone explain to me why I get gouts of ebay spam just from visiting
without actually purchasing? Even if I were to purchase, that shouldn't
explain anything either. Is there some sort of troll inside ebay that
sends my address to the spammers whenever I visit? I know this happens to
other people too.

I'm wondering if this message is going to cause me to get the same fresh
gout. And, BTW, this all applies to amazon as well.

steveo at syslang.net