Monadnock Linux User Group - March 9th

guy Pardoe guy at pardoeonline.com
Fri Mar 3 13:48:01 EST 2006

The next meeting of the Monadnock Linux User Group (MonadLUG) will be
Thursday, March 9th, 7:00pm, at the SAU 1 Superintendent's Office behind
South Meadow School in Peterborough.

**** AGENDA ****

1.  Announcements.

2.  SSH Operations and Techniques - Bill Stearns

SSH is a program to log into another computer over a network, to execute
commands in a remote machine, and to move files from one machine to another.
It provides strong authentication and secure communications over insecure
channels. It is a replacement for rlogin, rsh, rcp, and rdist. It protects a
network from attacks such as IP spoofing, IP source routing, and DNS
spoofing.

*****************

Directions:  The SAU 1 Superintendant of Schools office is directly behind
the South Meadow School.  From downtown Peterborough, travel north on route
202 approximately 2 & 1/2 miles.  Look for a white sign on the left "SAU 1
Superintendant of Schools Office."  The entrance is on the left, just before
South Meadow school, and across the street from Sims Press.  Follow the
drive up towards dumpsters where there is ample parking. Come down the
stairs to the set of doors on your right. Enter thru double set of doors and
turn left...straight into the board room.

Or check the link to Google maps to see our location:
  http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Www/OurChapters#monadlug

We're also looking for topics for future meetings.  If you have a suggestion
or would like to present a topic yourself, please contact me at
guy at pardoeonline.com.

Please forward this announcement to anyone you think may be interested in
attending.

Thank you,

Guy Pardoe
MonadLUG Coordinator